QUICK GUIDE TO CHOOSING LIGHT, MEDIUM AND HEAVY FISHING RODS
Light, medium and heavy fishing rods have different casting performance and suit different conditions. Take a look this Quick Guide to help you choose what type of fishing rod you need.
• A light action fishing rod is also a slow action fishing rod. Light fishing rods are whippy with lots of bend, which starts right at the handle.
• Light action fishing rods require less sensitivity and actually focus more on keeping your target species hooked.
• Light action fishing rods are great for casting very light baits and multi-hook lures, including crankbaits, rattle baits and jerk baits.
• Medium action fishing rods have a little more backbone than your average light (slow) action fishing rod.
• They are the most versatile of fishing rods and effective for a wide variety of presentations and fishing lines.
• Medium action fishing rods are excellent for bottom baits because they have increased sensitivity. Medium action fishing rods have the flexibility to work well with treble hook fishing lures.
• A heavy action fishing rod is also a fast action fishing rod. They are stiff and the rod only begins to bend halfway along the fishing rod.
• Heavy action fishing rods are great for single hook fishing lures. They are great for working those lures in heavy cover, grass and even wooden structure.
• Heavy action fishing rods are great for heavier fishing lures, bottom fishing, bigger and stronger fish as well as casting spinnerbaits, soft sticks, jerk baits and top waters.
Is there anything you can add to this article? Let us know in the comments section below.