BUYING A BOAT NEW OR USED
When you are thinking about buying a boat, you will probably be wondering whether to buy new or buy used. That’s a hard choice to make for any boat buyer, especially if this is the first time you are buying a boat. There really is no right or wrong answer to this question. There are a number of factors including your budget, your style, your knowledge, not to mention the boat in question.
Just like buying a car, there are some serious advantages and disadvantages to buying new or used, and they also depend on who you are buying from. Here is a look at both the advantages of buying new and buying used to help you make your mind up.
GOOD REASONS TO BUY A USED BOAT
• The biggest reason has to be the money you will save. A new boat loses about 30% of its value as soon as it is taken off the lot. You’ll be getting more boat for your bucks.
• You are not going to be the one that puts the first scratch, mark, dent or ding in the boat. Now that may sound a little strange, but that moment really hurts when it happens with your new boat.
• You should be getting a boat that has been trialled and tested. The initial bugs in the boat and or the motor should have been dealt with a long time ago.
• You have more price negotiating room when you are buying directly through a personal sale.
• There are lots of ways to buy a used boat, from the stock of a dealer to buying a private seller where the owner really needs the money fast.
GOOD REASONS TO BUY A NEW BOAT
• There is nothing like getting something that is brand new. It is yours and you never have to worry about how the boat has been used or misused. There’s nothing you need to know about the boat’s history. You are the one that is going to make history with this boat.
• There is more chance you can get exactly what you are looking for and not just what is available on the used boat market. You can get the latest technology and sometimes that has only just become available.
• If something goes wrong with your purchase, you have a warranty to back you up. There is nothing quite like having a dealer who you can go and speak with.
• You have the opportunity to rig the boat they way you want it, for your fishing style.
• And finally, you don’t have to ask yourself why is this boat for sale.
Is there anything you can add to this article? Let us know by sharing through the comments section below.