AN AWESOME SEAFOOD LASAGNE RECIPE
This is my go-to party meal. As a fisho, when we are hosting guests, I feel compelled to make something with fish or seafood. This prawn and crab seafood lasagne blows everything else out of the water. It’s easy to make and will have everyone in attendance asking for more.
INGREDIENTS (10 SERVINGS)
1 spring onion
2 tbsp of canola oil
1/2 cup of butter
900g of uncooked, peeled prawns
225g of crab meat
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1/2 cup of flour
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup of whipping cream
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
9 lasagne sheets
1. Heat some olive oil and two tablespoons of butter in a pan on a low heat, then saute the finely chopped spring onion until soft.
2. Add the chicken stock and bring it to a boil before adding the prawns and crab meat. Salt and pepper accordingly.
3. Once the stock is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, by which point the prawns should be turning pink.
4. Drain the liquid, but save it. We will need that later. Put the seafood aside as well.
5. In a saucepan, melt the rest of the butter, then gradually stir in the flour whilst stirring to create a smooth sauce. Then gradually add the milk (keep stirring) and the drained chicken broth you just put aside.
6. Season the sauce and bring it to the boil for two minutes until it begins to thicken.
7. Once thickened, remove it from the heat and stir in the cream and 1/4 of a cup of parmesan cheese.
8. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, then add 3/4 of the sauce to the seafood you put aside earlier. Grease a large baking dish, then cover the bottom with a layer of white sauce. Carefully add a layer of lasagne sheets, then add a layer of the seafood and sauce mixture. Add another layer of lasagne sheets, then another layer of the seafood mixture. Repeat another layer and top the lasagne with the rest of the seafood mixture, the remaining sauce. Finally, put the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on the top.
9. Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. The top should be lightly browned and the parmesan cheese melted.
10. Let the lasagne stand for 15 minutes before you serve. Serve with salad, vegetables, or if you’re not starting the diet until next Monday, chips.
Do you have a go-to seafood recipe? Let us know what it is in the comments below.