TASTY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES FOR A CAMPFIRE FEAST
Chicken is always a safe choice because everyone loves chicken. Chicken is so versatile, from a roast, fried to grilled, there are many ways to cook chicken. When it comes to camping, many grilled chicken recipes can make for a hefty and healthy meal. Here are a few grilled chicken recipes often make me the star at dinner, and lunchtime, come to think of it.
Give them a try.
CHICKEN IN SILVER
Enjoy grilled chicken with some veggies thrown into the mix.
• 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
• 4 rings cut from a green pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 8-ounce can of whole kernel corn, well drained
• 4 servings ready-to-eat rice
• 4 slices from a large onion
• Cajun seasoning or other mixed seasonings to taste
How to cook:
• Using foil squares, lay four pieces of chicken and spray them with nonstick. Place a pepper ring on each piece, then season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Then, mix the corn and rice and place it on the breast cavity. Add seasoning of choice.
• Next step is to place a thick onion on the rice then close the foil and seal it tightly. It’s now time to grill. Place each bundle on the rack (breast side down) for 10-12 minutes.
• Turn and cook for 10-15 more.
SUNSHINE STATE CHICKEN KEBABS
If you’re craving for flavourful grilled chicken recipes, Sunshine State Chicken Kebabs won’t fail.
• 1-1/2 lbs of bite-sized pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 6 oz box of whole small mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
• 2 oranges, unpeeled and cut in 12 wedges
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 tsp curry powder
How to cook:
• Alternate the chicken pieces with mushrooms and oranges on skewers. Place all skewers in a plastic bag and pour a mix of curry powder, oil and orange juice over them. Mix them well. (As an option, you can marinate the chicken overnight before you head out for camping.)
• Remove the chicken from the bag and grill the kebabs over medium coals.
• Turn them every 5 minutes until cooked perfectly.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE LETTUCE WRAPS
For the lettuce wrap lovers, this recipe is very satisfying.
• 6 large buttermilk or iceberg lettuce leaves
• 6 chicken sausages
• 1 pint of deli coleslaw
• Soy sauce
How to cook:
• Grill the chicken sausages until they’re well done. Place some grilled chicken sausages in dried lettuce leaves, then add coleslaw and few drops of soy sauce.
• Wrap each like a burrito using a tin foil, and they’re ready to eat.
BOURBON MARINATED CHICKEN GRILL
Another grilled chicken recipe that’s sure to please.
• 1/3 cup each bourbon, thawed lemonade concentrate, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup of water
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 10 to 12 portions of chicken
How to cook it:
• Mix bourbon, lemonade concentrate, soy sauce, vinegar and water in a bag resealable bag with the chicken. Mix everything well, and make sure to coat the chicken evenly. As an option, you can do marinate this at home and let it sit in the fridge overnight. If preparing it outdoors, let it sit for 1-2 hours.
• Remove the chicken from the bag and put the marinade in a pan. Bring it to a boil for about 5 min and use the sauce to mop the chicken as you grill it over medium coals. Turn it often until nicely done.
CHICKEN OVER THE COALS
Grilled chicken recipes will never go out of style, and this one is a classic.
• 2 small broilers, about 3 lbs each
• 1/2 cup each lemon juice and vegetable oil
• 1 tsp each thyme, crumbled rosemary, salt, freshly ground pepper
How to cook it:
• Preheat a grill over medium coals. Prepare your mix by putting together in a bowl the lemon juice, vegetable oil and other seasonings then brush this mix on your chicken.
• Grill the chicken cavity side down first. Turn it and brush generously again. Keep turning and brushing until the chicken is golden brown.
Grilled chicken recipes are among the favourite dishes to prepare in backyard parties, outdoor camping trips or even at home because not only are they delicious, but they are easy to cook in no time as well as tasting great.
With just a few ingredients and a bed of hot coals, you can make a satisfying meal for you and your group. You can’t go wrong with any of these recipes.
Is there anything you can add? Share your thoughts below.